Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Big Crazy Campaign

I'm sick of running short campaigns.

I want to run a campaign that lasts longer than six months. I want to run a campaign that goes from 1st level to 20th level. I want to run a campaign with more than one big villain, more than one big story, a campaign where the characters go from dirt-hugging nobodies to gods.

I'm not sure I'm going to have the chance to make that happen. I'm distractable; part of the reason I run short campaigns is that I like short campaigns, I like campaigns that can end when I get tired with them, let me start something new. I don't have a stable group, I'm not likely to get one, and even if I do there will be unavoidable breaks where we can't play.

I know it's possible to have a campaign pause and then pick up a couple months later, but am I going to want to do that? Or am I going to get some crazy new idea in the interim, and then get frustrated when I pick the old campaign back up, rather than being able to start on the new one?

No comments:

Post a Comment