Sunday, May 25, 2008

Return of System Obsession

So, I guess the list 'o systems now looks something more like this:

4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons
Feng Shui
"OD&D"
Star Wars Saga Edition
Iron Heroes
Castles & Crusades
Mutants & Masterminds
Truth and Justice
Encounter Critical
Savage Worlds
d6 Space
Stargate: SG-1 Roleplaying Game
Ars Magica

Forward . . . to Adventure!

Feng Shui is present on the list, and has taken the second spot, because I now have ownership of the book.

OD&D has scooted up because I've been further enlightened as to its awesome, thanks mostly to Sham's Grog 'n Blog and Square Mans. (Which you should reload a couple of times until you get a glimpse of the wicked cool Dune board game. I need to get my hands on a set.) I'm considering using it to run my college game next year. I fear its power may be necessary to combat the Exalted zombies who have taken over the local scene.

(Nothing against Exalted; the main reason it doesn't make the list is that I'd never go out and buy the rulebooks to start my own game, I'd rather get in on someone else's. It's these specific people, and their attitude, that riles me. Telling me that "D&D isn't fun" is not the way to get on my good side.)

I realized an interest in Savage Worlds, d6 Space, and Ars Magica when I was thinking about what I wanted to get from the Compleat Strategist. d6 Space is the variety I've heard the most about, but I'm also intrigued by Adventure, because I suspect it's something I could run mad scientist nazi smackdowns with.

Oh, and Stargate moved up a bit because I got closer to being willing to spend the money. Still don't have that many people to play it with, though, and enough other things that it's cozy on the backburner.

1 comment:

  1. If you need a copy of Iron Heroes shoot me a email. jrients yadda yadda gmail yadda yadda com

    ReplyDelete