Sunday, June 08, 2008

4th Edition and the God Format

Got the 4e books. I've got a session going tomorrow (er . . . later today) but I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to say about it beyond "it is/is not fun." I'm still in the "ooh, shiny new book" phase.

I do like the format it uses for the gods, though. Name/alignment/domain and worshipers blurb/commandments. Especially for new role players, and with limited space, the commandments are a good way to get across how you should act if you worship a particular god. It helps that most of them include at least one that lets you know who you should beat up.

2 comments:

  1. It helps that most of them include at least one that lets you know who you should beat up.

    "Smacketh mine enemies!" This is the first, and greatest, commandment. And the second is like unto it: "Taketh their stuff!" Upon these two commandments hang all the Laws and the Prophets. ;)

    - Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this about L5R too, with their clan codes of conduct. It's really helpful to give new players a quick-and-dirty list of do's and don'ts to get the game moving early on.

    ReplyDelete