Friday, January 23, 2009

Traveller Game Starts Tonight

Not dead, just busy. Busy with school, busy with making my character for and playing in Trollsmyth's Labyrinth Lord game, busy with my Traveller subsector.

That last is coming along quite nicely, and is just about in playable shape. I've got all the worlds generated and named, the basic situation of the handful closest to the starting world detailed, and the starting world itself sketched out pretty well. I've also got the zillions of random tables that attracted me to Traveller in the first place, so I'm not worried about running out of ideas.

I expect chaos. Both good chaos, crazy ideas and wacky quips chaos, and bad chaos, "how does that rule work again and is it my turn?" chaos. Even if it ends up just character creation -- which it very well might, seeing as I've got eight people who say they'll be there. And even with a more manageable number, it's still the first session of a new campaign, with a new group, using a new system.

But it'll be fun. It's Traveller. I'm getting to play a game that's been on my run list for at least a year, and that I've thought sounded since I first heard of it. It will, at the least, be an adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I've never actually gotten to run Traveller myself, though I've played in a few games, so I'm curious to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I have never played Traveller either, but have been interested since I got a copy of the Mongoose version. Sounds like good fun mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and have fun, Traveller is a great game.

    ReplyDelete